Monday, March 7, 2016

Boogie Boarding


I hear our footsteps thudding in the wet sand as my sister, my cousin and I race towards the ocean. We grab our boogie boards and dive into the huge waves. We walk out to where the ocean is about five feet and the waves are just beginning to form. I see a large wave start to form. “Got one!” I yell to my sisters and my cousin. I lie down on my board and start to kick my feet as hard as I can. I feel a burst of speed as the massive wave pushes my board forward. I ride the huge wave all the way into the shore and stand up just in time to see my sister riding a massive wave all the way into the shore. I Velcro the strap from my boogie board onto my wrist and start walking towards my other sister and my cousin. I walkout to where the water is about three feet when a giant wave hits my hard, nocking me over. I try to get back on to my feet, but another wave hits me and pulls on the strap on my wrists and pushes me in to with a summersault. Another wave come and covers me with sand. I push myself up until I ma standing again, and, deciding I will come back into the water after I get the sand off me,  I start walking back to the safety of the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment