Saturday, March 5, 2016

When My Dog Ate a Sock

“Drop! Drop it Bo!” I hear my sister yell from a distance. I run downstairs to find my little sister chasing my puppy around the living room, trying to get him to drop a sock that’s in his mouth.  I run to get a treat for him to see if I can get him to spit it out. That’s when my sister screams “Tess! Bodie just ate a sock!” “What?” I answered, “That’s not possible.” I couldn’t really believe it because my dog only weighs about ten pounds so it seemed crazy that he could swallow a whole sock. 

But sure enough, Bo was sitting by the coffee table coughing and the sock was nowhere to be found. We got my mom and my other sister first we checked on Bodie to make sure that he was ok and could breathe. Then, we all started searching for the sock to see if he had maybe dropped it. After about twenty minutes of looking for the sock, we decided that he must have eaten it. My mom called the vet and they told us to bring him in. so we all got in the car and started driving to the vet. I was super worried about him and was kind of panicking by this point. As soon as we got to the vet, they had us weigh Bodie. Then, we brought him into a room for the doctor to examine him.  She said that there was no way for her to tell if he had eaten the sock right now but it was better to be safe than sorry, so she took in into the back room to puke up the sock. I was so nervous felt so badly for my poor little puppy. He came back in a few minutes and had a little pink bandage around his leg. I picked him up and carried him out of the vet. The vet said that we were right to bring him in so quickly because otherwise he might have needed surgery.  I was so happy and relived to have my puppy back and that he was all right. I will never let him anywhere near a sock again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he is safe. I like how your narrative flows throughout the post. Great storyline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I remember this. poor little bo, I love how you describe how you felt the whole time going from confusion to like fear. Nice!

    ReplyDelete